Thursday, June 25, 2009

Campaign Against Cap & Trade

Nancy Pelosi is trying to force the Waxman-Markey Cap & Trade bill to a vote tomorrow. The following members of congress still need to be convinced that Cap & Trade is a bad idea:

Republicans:
  • Bartlett (MD)
  • Bono Mack (CA)
  • Castle (DE)
  • Dent (PA)
  • Ehlers (MI)
  • Frelinghuysen (NJ)
  • Gerlach (PA)
  • Inglis (SC)
  • Tim Johnson (IL)
  • Kirk (IL)
  • Lance (NJ)
  • LoBiondo (NJ)
  • Petri (WI)
  • Platts (PA)
  • Ros-Lehtinen (FL)

Democrats:

  • Altmire (PA)
  • Bright (AL)
  • Dahlkemper (PA)
  • Drieshaus (OH)
  • Ellsworth (IN)
  • Kissell (NC)
  • Kratovil (MD)
  • Kanjorski (PA)
  • Minnick (ID)
  • Teague (NM)

You can call them at at 202-224-3121 and say something like:

I am not in your district, but as an American, I will be directly affected by your vote on the Waxman-Markey Cap & Trade bill. I cannot vote for you in the next congressional election, but I can contribute to you or your opponent -- depending on how you vote. I am going to keep track, and contribute aggressively.

With that in mind, please consider my most emphatic opposition to the Waxman-Markey Cap & Trade bill that is being stampeded through congress this week. This bill will have a minuscule impact on our climate, and a devastating impact on our economy and our individual liberty. It will give the federal government unprecedented influence over production and commerce. A statist would like that, but a classical liberal definitely would not. Please listen to the voters, and reject this bill.

If you call, use your own words of course, and include your own concerns. The only encouraging thing about this is that Cap & Trade can be repealed easily, whereas a new entitlement program like nationalized health care (the next big assault on our liberty) cannot. One thing at a time, I guess.

1 comment :

  1. The phones must be ringing off the hook over there. When I call, I get "all circuits are busy" from the phone company, or a busy signal, or it rings forever. I hope that's caused by people like us, and not the environmental lobby.

    ReplyDelete

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.