Sunday, October 4, 2009

Do Not Blame Barack

I found this article Do Not Blame Barack, on The American Thinker. I don't think I have read any Selwyn Duke before, but this is amazing. Here's how he starts out:
Contrary to what my title indicates, I probably judge Barack Obama more harshly than most reading this page. I don't think he is just a misguided ideologue or merely a creature of expediency. I believe, practically speaking, he is an evil man. That is to say, while he is largely ignorant like so many others, he has developed an affinity for evil. He mistakes it for good.

Yet, to be blunt, Obama doesn't alarm me as much as the average American. (more...)
He mistakes it for good... During the election, I could not believe that people were actually being conned by this man. That he was acting like a third world dictator was as plain to me as the nose on my face, but very few people seemed to notice. That was the first time in my life that I ever stood on the Nooksack River bridge in Ferndale to hold a campaign sign, or send money to political causes. I simply could not believe my eyes.

But we cannot blame Barack Obama. We have allowed ourselves to become so corrupted by decadence and hedonism that we seem to have lost the ability to think analytically. This generation has never faced hardship in any meaningful way. We have never had to really earn our liberty, or our security, so we have no idea what it costs, or what it's worth. Easy come, easy go. We owe so much to our founders, and the veterans of many historically significant wars, yet we scarcely even acknowledge it. I fear we will piss away what remaining liberty we have, and the sacrifice by those who came before will go down the toilet. Our children will someday wake up in bondage, but lucky for us, they will have been too poorly educated to fix the blame where it belongs, and we'll get away scot free one more time. I wonder which generation will have the guts to do what our grandparents, our parents, and now we, should have done: throw the statists out and restore our constitutional liberty once more.

However, in order to do that, they must understand what liberty is, and why it's important. The fact that we have elected a majority of statists to congress, and put one in the White House, tells me that we don't know. And if we don't know, how will our children know? How did Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, James Madison and all the rest figure it out? What motivated them to overthrow their own government? If anyone were to suggest that today, they would be labeled a radical. And yet, if something is important enough... People assure us that because of our founders, violent overthrow is no longer required. We can do it at the ballot box. I pray that is true. I pray that We the People vote intelligently before it's too late.

Oh, and by the way, my answer to Selwyn's question is "Yes, I would give up my Social Security". Decades ago, I came to the cold realization that I'll never see a fraction of what I paid in all those years, let alone dividends. I refuse to steal from the next generation to feed my own selfishness. I can never retire with a clear conscience, and FDR is responsible.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.