Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Reactionary Conservationist

Funny, I was brought up to be a conservationist -- when my family went camping, we kids were exhorted to leave the place cleaner than we found it, and not to leave messes or damage the plants or animal habitat.

I think that's all fine and dandy. But I am getting so tired of the green this and green that hype, especially when it's mandated by the government and not based on science that I accept, that I've become a bit reactionary. Today I'm more inclined to do something specifically to piss off the environmentalists, even when it goes counter to my personal inclinations. That's what happens when ideologues get control of an activist government.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.