Sunday, October 30, 2011

The First Manifesto of the Wall Street Protesters

This video pokes the "Occupy Wall Street" brats' manifesto full of holes. It's almost thirty minutes long, so get comfortable.

Although he makes many very good arguments, I believe this guy is an anarchist. I am not an anarchist. Our founders were not anarchists. I believe as they did, that government is necessary to protect liberty, but they also knew that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. So they invented a representative democracy, which was designed to limit government power. I strongly believe that if we still followed The Constitution, we would still have the system of government that the founders designed, and the problems that we now face would be much less severe.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.