Saturday, June 9, 2012

Operation Chaos

For the 2008 election, Rush Limbaugh invented something he called Operation Chaos, urging conservative voters, or more accurately, Republican voters, to cross over in the primaries and vote for Hillary Clinton. This was supposed to make Barack Obama have to work hard at something for the first time in his life.

Fast forward to 2012: I would never advocate using our official vote to disrupt the "other" side. However, I receive lots of calls and emails, polling me for my political views. My instinct is to proudly declare my preservative principles and honestly answer which issues and candidates I prefer in this election.

I propose that all preservatives submit the opposite answers. Skew the polls more than they already are. Make the 'progressives' think that they have more support than they actually do. It will make them complacent, and (we hope), make the preservatives work harder. When the 2012 election is a blow-out, they'll be completely flummoxed. They'll never know what hit them.

Polls are garbage, and we should not cooperate. The only poll that matters is the one in November.

Update: Better yet... Just don't participate in the media polls. You don't have to lie; you just let the 'progressives' over-represent themselves. If they have no response from people calling themselves "preservatives", the effect will be the same. Their data will be worthless.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.