Friday, August 30, 2013

Protest Labor Day! Go to Work!

How about, "Be Productive!"
What are you doing for Labor Day? That's a question I've been hearing a lot this week.

I'm going in to work, that's what! I do not have an adversarial relationship with my employer. I am grateful to have a job, and I am grateful for all the benefits and opportunities that my employer has provided me over the years. They gave us the day off, but I'm going in to work anyway, as a token of my appreciation - to give something back.

And it's my little pie in the face to the entire anti-free market labor movement. Win-win!

I am not a union-buster, but I strongly dislike the unions' monopolistic, domineering tactics. I disagree with the adversarial relationship that they foster between consentual employees and their employers. I believe in right-to-work laws. A person should not be compelled to join a union in order to take a job.

I believe in being paid what a job is worth, not what I think I deserve, or what I can extort from my employer by walking out and wrecking his business (and possibly killing the goose that lays the golden eggs).

This Labor Day, I'm going to work!

1 comment :

  1. Amen and Amen! We should make Constitution Day the big September holiday, not that trite old meaningless sop to the labor unions.
    "Labor day" should be replaced altogether, and from now on, I am NOT capitalizing it. (Or we could just be honest and call it "labor union day," de-nationalize it, and let the gung-ho union members celebrate it by themselves.)
    Lets honor Constitution Day as a national holiday instead of "labor day," and give the kids an extra week of Summer vacation. Let school start the day after Constitution Day.
    I, too, shall be working on "labor day."

    ReplyDelete

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.