Saturday, December 20, 2014

Why Salute the Flag?

I always thought it was rather silly to salute the flag. The flag is a symbol; I get that, but the Constitution is really the definition of the American form of government, and it is really what We the People need to get behind. It is the only thing that stands between us and tyranny. The Constitution cannot uphold and defend itself. We the People must demand it. Unfortunately, there is a concerted effort to discredit and disregard it.

To push back, I propose the following instead:
I pledge allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America.
And to the republic, which it defines: One nation, under God, with liberty and equal justice for all.
See what I did there? I said "equal justice", to distinguish from "social justice", which gives government the authority to play favorites. 

Bill Ayers can trample the flag, but Barack Obama tramples the Constitution. Which is worse? Can we make this go viral? 

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.