Sunday, June 28, 2009

ABC Sotomayor Poll Results Puzzling

I just heard on the radio that an ABC News poll indicates a "majority" of Americans do not believe that supreme court nominee Sonia Sotomayor would use her sex or her race as a factor in her decisions on the supreme court. They think she's "about right".

That is despite the fact that Sotomayor herself has said "I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life." Since supreme court justices are supposed to be impartial, that is a very disturbing statement. We are a nation of laws, not men. Or women. Or whites. Or hispanics.

I have to wonder exactly who this poll polled. It sounds like just another bit of propaganda from the national media to me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.