Friday, July 17, 2009

Private Health Insurance Will be Illegal

Setting aside for the moment that the Constitution does not authorize the federal government do most of this stuff anyway, it turns out that the health care bill (as currently written) would make private health insurance illegal, according to an editorial in Investors Business Daily. The article, entitled "It's Not an Option" spotted this provision on page 16.

I suppose it's a big thing, and the health care bill is full of big things, but I keep coming back to this: The Constitution doesn't authorize national health care. Why are people focusing on the details when the whole concept is wrong?

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.