Friday, February 5, 2010

Scott Joplin Plays "Easy Winners"

Ever since the movie The Sting re-introduced my generation to the music of Scott Joplin with an inferior rendition of The Entertainer, I fell in love with Scott Joplin's piano rags. Of course Scott Joplin died before high-fidelity recording technology was available, but we do have a few piano rolls that he recorded. This is a wonderful rendition by the composer.



Joplin plays this piece more slowly than you have probably heard it before. Scott Joplin often wrote "It is never right to play ragtime fast" at the top of his sheet music.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.