Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Walrus Was Paul

Paul McCartney fawning over Barack Obama, bashing Bush: What a self-serving cheap shot. I'm disappointed but not surprised. I have always loved Paul's music. I'm a huge Beatles fan. I wish he had not gone political. Of course, if John were still alive, I'm sure he'd be a collossal embarrassment to me, politically.

One observation I can make about Macca is that he has always been a little bit of an opportunist, a crowd-pleaser over principle. At least as a British subject, he isn't expected to understand the original intent of the US Constitution, as We the People should.

Back in the 1960s, there was a rumor going around that Paul was dead. Since then, I often wondered how I would react to the news of his actual death. Now, I think I know. Paul is dead.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.