Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Uphold and Defend

I have been crafting a statement about the Constitution and our founding principles that is both simple and powerful at the same time. Something that could be a plank in a party platform. Something that works as a sound bite. Something that could "go viral" on the internet. I think I finally have it:
The US Constitution is still the official specification for the United States of America.
It guarantees equal justice for all, and protects your life, liberty and prosperity.
Any regime that distorts or disregards its original intent is untrustworthy and dangerous.
Please help this go viral. Ask candidates what they think about this statement. Ask candidates who agree with it, to use it in their campaign. Ask candidates who disagree with it, to defend their position. Ask tea parties to use it in their messaging.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.