Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oppressive Government

A few weeks ago I was having a discussion with a woman about politics. I mentioned that I felt that government was too oppressive. She replied, "I don't think our government is oppressive". I had to wonder what she thought real oppression would feel like.
Here is a quick run-down:

  1. Government is in my wallet.
  2. Government is in my paycheck.
  3. Government is in my employer's HR department.
  4. Government is in my glove compartment.
  5. Government is in my car's engine compartment.
  6. Government is in my steering wheel and door panels.
  7. Government controls owns my car's manufacturer.
  8. Government is in my gasoline.
  9. Government is in my medicine cabinet.
  10. Government is in my toilet.
  11. Government is in my shampoo.
  12. Government is in my washing machine.
  13. Government is in my light sockets.
  14. Government controls my power company.
  15. Government controls my gas company.
  16. Government is in my television set.
  17. Government controls my television station.
  18. Government is in my radio.
  19. Government controls my radio station.
  20. Government is in my telephone.
  21. Government controls my telephone company.
  22. Government is in my computer.
  23. Government is trying to control controls my internet.
  24. Government is in my liquor cabinet.
  25. Government is in my gun cabinet.
  26. Government is in my ammo locker.
  27. Government is in my air.
  28. Government is in my water.
  29. Government is in my back yard.
  30. Government is in my lawn mower.
  31. Government is in my garden supplies.
  32. Government is in my food supply.
  33. Government is in my grocery store.
  34. Government is in my refrigerator.
  35. Government is in my pants.
  36. Government is trying to control controls my diet.
  37. Government controls my doctor's office.
  38. Government controls my hospital.
  39. Government controls my medical insurance.
  40. Government controls my charities.
  41. Government runs my retirement fund.
  42. Government controls my parenting.
  43. Government is in my kids' school.
  44. Government controls my kids' college financing.
  45. Government is trying to get into my kids' minds.
From the moment I get up in the morning to the moment I close my eyes at night, practically nothing I use, or touch, or love, is immune from government regulations, mandates and taxes. I can see my liberty diminish by the day. With very few exceptions, only the most trivial decisions are left up to me anymore. After having taken from me all my life, and not being content with spending my kids' future now, they will make sure my kids don't get most of whatever I happen to have left when I die. How is that not oppressive?
There is practically nothing that the government controls or regulates that we do not already have the tools in the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights, to handle on our own.
Send me your suggestions and we'll keep adding them to this list.

13 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow do I ever agree with both Karl and Kevin.
    Seriously....

    It's been awhile since I've had the notion to post here and tonight I'm posting without logging in.

    Chuck out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at a loss for words except this one...

    ...Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very wise man described the Soviet Union this way, 'way back in the 80's (I may be paraphrasing) "Every possible action is either required by law, or forbidden."

    ReplyDelete
  5. You missed an important one. The government, via child protection laws,involves it self with how you raise your kids.
    Joe, foster care supervisor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Government's in air and water, too, I'm very sorry to say. :\

    ReplyDelete
  7. Government controls my charities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. government is in my weed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who is this Kevin Byford and who is the oppressor that censored him???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the admin. Kevin is a friend of mine. But Facebook kept grabbing that comment every time I shared anything from this blog. That stopped happening when I deleted the comment. I don't know how it got stuck on that.

      Delete
  10. Government is taking our natural rights, and selling them back to us as permits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so awful goddamned sure that this isn't what the founders had in mind for us. In fact, it was precisely what the American Revolution was all about.

    "Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." -- Declaration of Independence

    We are there, and then some.

    Maybe we have in our Constitution, sufficient prescience to provide new guards for our future security without a bloody revolution. We can only hope. But this greedy bureaucratic pig will not go quietly into the night. Could we pull off an Article V convention? Or have the sheeple been so indoctrinated by the greedy pig public schools that they all suffer from Stockholm Syndrome, and an Article V convention would simply seal our fate?

    ReplyDelete

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.