Sunday, October 9, 2011

Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 5, "Emperor"

Sometimes I just have to give my soul a rest from all of the tyranny, oppression and corruption. Valentina Lisitsa may very well be the most talented pianist of our time. I fell in love with this concerto when I first heard Andre Watts play it 25 years ago. I hope you enjoy it.

Valentina Lisitsa, Pianist

This was recorded live in Mexico City, but I cannot find out which orchestra or which conductor it was.

There must have been something in the water in the 1700s, what with Sir Issac Newton, Dr. Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Ludwig van Beethoven...

1 comment :

  1. Thank you! She is magnificent. I first heard the splendid Concerto played by Glenn Gould. He was so good.

    That period was called the Age of Enlightenment (or Reason) in Europe. It inspired the American Revolution. That's why the US Constitution is such a solid document. It was written to protect the freedom and the rights of each citizen. What a marvelous way to begin a country.

    ReplyDelete

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.