Sunday, September 9, 2012

Honey, You Didn't Build That

These are the kind of hip parents that I bet every child wishes she had. Just as hip as choom-gangster Barack Hussein Obama, in fact.

"Did you make those Popsicle sticks?" That reminds me of Milton Friedman's treatise about free enterprise and making pencils.

Of course we didn't build all the components of our enterprise! We stand on the shoulders of giants. If government built some of the things we use to live our daily lives, save for a few exceptions, it is mainly because government has usurped the freedom and sapped the initiative for individuals to do it themselves.

The "You didn't build that" speech could easily be the stupidest thing that Barack Hussein Obama ever said. Stupid on its face, and stupid from a tactical standpoint. I can't think of anything that would raise the righteous indignation of the productive members of our society more than a preposterous statement like that one. Hey, choomster, even if we didn't build that personally, our taxes certainly did. My fair share, indeed. You're welcome, idiot.

Thanks to Lorraine for sending me the video.

2 comments :

  1. The difference is clear. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm studying Saul Alinsky, and I think choomsky probably intended to infuriate the right by that statement. However, he may have overplayed his hand this time, in much the same way Osama Bin Laden overplayed his hand on 9/11.

      Delete

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.