Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pick Up Another Case of Government While You're Out!

How much government would you purchase if it was at your discretion? It's like, "Hey honey, while you're at the mall, would you pick up another case of government? 'Cause I just can't get enough! I'm up to like three packs a day."

Pick any government project or program. Then ask yourself, "If I had to pay for this with my own money", (because you do), "would I buy this?" If the answer is no, then you need to tell your representatives to vote no. If they're representing you, that would be your vote, right?

It doesn't matter if it's a new sidewalk (nice to have), or that ginormous park that's in competition for funds with a much needed county jail. You might have the money to spare, but not all taxpayers do. And every level of government is in such a financial crisis that they really should be asking the tough questions even about legitimate government functions. But they're not, are they?

3 comments :

  1. I reckon that the average taxpayer recieves a positive return benefit per tax dollar paid of around a nickle or less. ? However that figure could be totally inflated, and in reality it could be possible that every cent paid costs the average taxpayer a negative cent or more on return value meaning that more is less, and less is more.

    Maybe I'm on to something astoundingly true or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite willing to pay taxes to support legitimate government functions (the ones for which governments are established among men to protect our inalienable rights). A court system, a place for government to do business, reasonable payments to our judges and elected officials, the military and so on.

      Government grants and subsidies, entitlements, not so much.

      Delete
  2. The result return of the tax dollar investment forced extraction in my own goverment is killing me.

    ReplyDelete

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.