Saturday, September 19, 2009

Deprecated: I Hope Barack Obama Fails

A kinder, gentler anti-kakistocrat: This is the last article that will carry the label I Hope Barack Obama Fails. As an engineer, when I discover that something is not working, I use negative feedback to correct the error. People were reading this label, and mistaking me for a racist, or being just plain mean-spirited. The new label will read I Hope Statism Fails.

A statist is someone who thinks 545 people in government can provide better solutions to our problems than 300 million individuals (they can in special situations, but only very rarely). A statist is someone who aims to use the force of government to ram their agenda down your throat. A statist is someone who aims to increase the size and scope of government beyond that specified in and authorized by the Constitution -- axiomatically, at the expense of individual liberty.

There are statists in both the Democrat and Republican parties. The only difference is in the nature of the agenda that they aim to ram down our throats. Barack Obama is a particularly radical and virulent statist, but he is not the only one, so the old label was way too specific. My goal is to have all statists fail, not just Barack Obama.
The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits. -- Thomas Jefferson
In the interest of historical and archival integrity, I will not change the existing articles festooned with the old label. But new articles will use the new label.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.