Monday, March 2, 2009

Gridlock? Bring It On!

Mark Twain said "No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the congress is in session". The theme of this blog is liberty. Every law that congress passes, every new tax, every new bureaucracy, every new regulation reduces our individual liberty by a corresponding amount.

Now that the Republicans are the minority or opposition party, I hear a lot about how Republicans are inhibiting progress -- causing gridlock -- in Washington D.C. If they are causing gridlock, I say "bring it on!". The less accomplished by government, the better. even if Republicans were in the majority, I would say that. The government grew, albeit more slowly, during the years when Republicans were in power. The kakistocrats cannot help themselves.

If we had a flurry of deconstruction of big government going on in congress, then I might reconsider my position.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.