Monday, December 31, 2012

The Trouble With Science

Anthony Watts (Watts Up With That?) posted an article entitled Aliens Cause Global Warming: A Caltech Lecture by Michael Crichton. Crichton presented the lecture on January 17, 2003 -- a decade ago. Watts posted the article in 2010, but I just discovered it. I'm posting this here now because it explains so well the objections I have had to junk science being used to drive faulty public policy and governmental malpractice.

Michael Crichton is of course a well known science fiction writer, known for Westworld, The Andromeda Strain, Jurassic Park, and many others. But he is also a strong critic of junk science and the devolution of science for political ends. He presented many lectures in support of good science. Crichton attended Harvard Medical School, and was a medical doctor. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.