Saturday, August 28, 2021

I'm a Walking, Leaky Gain-of-Function Laboratory

As a 65 year old overweight diabetic, I figured I should probably be vaccinated. I've had no noticeable negative effects so far, save for a mildly sore injection site for a day or so. And for a few weeks there, I was able to waltz into any business establishment without a mask, and say, "Yo, I'm fully immunized! I can't hurt you risk-averse cootie-phobes!" 

But then Emperor Inslee dropped the hammer again, and I have to wear a mask anyway. So no more practical advantage to being vaccinated. 

And now, we're finding out that the vaccine is 'leaky', i.e., it doesn't train our border guards to kill or fend off every invader. So the stronger variants escape, creating an even more powerful mutant. I just realized I'm actually a walking gain-of-function laboratory. Swell done, idjits!

No comments :

Post a Comment

This is a moderated forum. Please try to avoid ad-hominem attacks and gratuitous profanity. Justifiable profanity may be tolerated.

I am sorry, but due to the un-manageable volume of spam comments, I have enabled the scrambled word verification. I apologize for the inconvenience.